Sunkissed Summer Tag
I saw this tag on YouTube and thought it looked really fun and decided that I had to give it a go. I’m loving summer now that it is here and by the time this posts I will be in Portugal! I’m really looking forward to some sun, sea and sand! And some much needed R&R! So, onto the Tag questions!
1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
I’m a total bookworm and can go through a book a day while I’m on holiday, so I can’t really recommend just one. I like sci-fi and fantasy stuff, but usually find myself reading books aimed at teenagers but still in that genre while I’m on holiday for something a little easier going.
3. What’s your signature summer scent this year?
Bronze Goddess from Estée Lauder. It’s been my signature summer scent for a couple of years now.
4. The sun is shining and it’s time to get outside! What’s your favourite thing to do?
It depends. My dad and I do a lot of hiking in the summer, but I also enjoy trips to the beach or just lazing around in the garden with a good book.
5. You’re on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What’s your go-to summer beach food?
We don’t really have boardwalks over here in England, but ice-cream is a favourite of mine in summer (particularly lemon tops) and when I’m abroad I always love the crepe stands they seem to have.
6. Sunscreen is always important, but it’s a MUST in summer! What’s your favourite? (Face, body, or both).
Anything that’s SPF 50 because I burn so easily.
7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
A quick shower and a really good after sun gel/crème. I am currently loving Calypso’s After Sun Aloe Vera Gel.
8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.).
Depending on whether I have straightened my hair or not it is either back in a ponytail or a plait. I often get my hair highlighted but if I’m in the sun a lot it lightens naturally on it’s own as well.
9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
I love anything bright and neon for summer. But one of my current favourites is Topshop’s Celestial, especially when combined with some flower nail art.
10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
I cannot wait for the new series of Doctor Who in August!
11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturiser in the summer?
It depends on where I’m going and what I’m doing. I’ll use all three over the course of the summer.
12. It’s super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
I love baseball caps! You won’t catch me wearing any other kind of hat in the summer. I only have one pair of sunglasses that I really like, which are my fake ray bans.
13. What is your summer jam this year?
I don’t really have one. I’m always really late to the music scene. I’m quite enjoying The Vamps right now though. My ipod literally goes from punk rock, to musicals, to pop, to Disney, to classical music and back again.
14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
I’ve managed to cross something off my life bucket list this summer, I was lucky enough to see Le Tour De France as it departed from Yorkshire a couple of weeks ago. I never thought I’d get to see the Tour De France, let alone in my home country. I’m also going to get to add Portugal to my list of countries I’ve visited.
15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year!
Again it depends. But my current favourite bikini is this sunset palm tree print one from British Home Stores.
16. Summer means heat… and sweat! What’s your favourite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
My Malibu Ski Face Protection Cream in SPF 50, perfect for when out hiking.
17. Summer wouldn’t be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavour, what would it be?
I’m pretty boring, Strawberry is my favourite, but maybe a mix of Strawberry and Chocolate would be nice – Strawberry Chocolate Chip maybe?
So, I’m going to tag a couple of people down below to do this tag. But I’m writing this well in advance so I can still post every other day while I’m in Portugal, so my the time this goes live some of you may have already done it, but I haven’t seen it in the blogging world yet. Also I’d usually let people know I’ve tagged them but I won’t be doing that while I’m on holiday, so I guess I’ll get to see if some of my favourite bloggers read my blog. And if you’re not listed below and what to do this tag, then do it and let me know because I’d love to read your answers!